Solitude, by Clutter




In round 7 of Designers Challenge, in which every 2 weeks 2 home and garden designers will take the same RL picture as inspiration and create what they see in Second Life in their own way, Kat Alderson of Clutter and Rob1977 Moonites of *BEO* have been given a photo of a desk as inspiration.

Total Pieces: 8
Total Prims:48
Transfer only.

(by Kat Alderson)

I immediately fell in love with photo for the 7th SL Designer Challenge.  And then promptly panicked.

 Why?

The palette worried me: white is not easy to do well in SL, and while I love being a pink princess, purple and I often have issues.  The photo has contemporary and traditional elements, and a definite leaning toward shabby chic. Love it!  But, me?  Mix styles?  Really?

Oh, right!  It's a challenge!  I get it now!

Slapped the photo on a prim and rezzed it all around my workspace, so I would see it no matter which way I turned. So, I looked at the photo for a few days, and the palette didn't change. Nor did the fact that I was going to be mixing elements.

But I still loved the pic.  It spoke to me of peace, order, and solitude.

Eventually, I got to work, and here are the results.

Go and take a look at Clutter as well as *BEO*!